- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4 oz can Hatch diced green chilies (HOT)
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp Minced dried onions
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Options for serving: Flour tortillas, corn tortillas, picante sauce, sour cream, cilantro, guacamole, Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese.
- Prepare bell peppers by washing and cutting each into strips.
- Pour half of the canned tomatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker and place half of the peppers on top.
- Sprinkle minced onions and garlic powder on top of peppers. Top with chicken breast tenders.
- In a small bowl mix together chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle half of the seasoning over chicken breast tenders then flip chicken and sprinkle on the remainder of the spices. Top with remaining half of the canned tomatoes, peppers, and lastly the full can of the Hatch diced green chilies.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6 – 8 hours! Enjoy your day!
- When ready to eat, preheat oven to 300 degrees, wrap tortillas in tin foil, and place tortillas in the oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, remove chicken from crockpot and shred. Spoon out about 1 cup of the liquids in the crockpot and throw away. Place shredded chicken back into the crockpot, along with the honey- briefly toss. Serve in warmed tortillas with your choice of sour cream, guacamole, cheese or my favorite: hot picante sauce.