Tasty Filling Oatmeal Muffins
What you will need:
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup natural local honey
- 1 cup mashed banana, 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup your choice of milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mini or normal sized chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Put aside.
- First crack the eggs into another bowl. Whisk together with the honey, mashed banana, and vanilla extract until ingredients are combined. Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
- Whisk together wet ingredients into dry ingredients until everything is combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture evenly into muffin tins with muffin tin liners.
- Bake for 30 minutes if in normal sized muffin tins, 22 minutes if in mini muffin tins.
- Let cool and enjoy!
TIP: These are a great to freeze and reheat for busy mornings! Once muffins are completely cooled, place in a zip bag or container for storage. Place in freezer and heat desired amount of muffins in microwave for a quick and healthy breakfast!