Easy Cheesy Spinach Rolls
What you will need:
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce- some kind of tomato based sauce
- 9 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook lasagna noodles until al dente.
- Mix together the spinach, ricotta, parmesan, egg, salt/pepper in a bowl.
- Pour about 1 cup sauce in the bottom of desired sized glass casserole dish.
- On a piece of wax paper, lay out dried cooked lasagna noodles.
- Take spinach mixture and spread desired amount evenly to each noodle.
- Roll noodle very carefully and place the seam side of the roll down on glass casserole dish. (TIP: Great idea to freeze these and save for later! If freezing, place rolls onto a cooking pan and place in freezer for at least 1 hour. Once the rolls are completely frozen, place in desired zip bag or container for storage. Baking time stays about the same.)
- Pour desired amount of sauce with a little sprinkle of mozzarella cheese over each roll.
- Put foil over the dish or if glass casserole dish has a lid- put the lid on the dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes!